Achieve Your Goals
Obtain the skills necessary in becoming a professional yoga teacher. The Dorje Yoga 200 hour teacher training program prepares students to be capable and knowledgeable teachers of Yoga as well as aspiring yogis. Students are immersed in asana, pranayama, mudras, Sanskrit, physiology, anatomy, philosophy, ethics, and psychology. The program fosters an atmosphere geared toward learning and growth. Trainees benefit from a student/teacher relationship which encourages the student to develop beyond themselves. With extensive hands on assistance and abundant opportunities to practice teaching, the curriculum guides you to be a skilled and confident teacher able to succeed in any setting.
Yoga as a Life Path
Take a journey to self-discovery. Learn Yoga as a life path with consciousness and awareness as your foundation. Delve into the transformative power of your personal practice. Gain insights into the physical, mental, and spiritual layers of your being. Life flows where effort and energy are directed. Uncover strength, balance, and courage from deep inside. Find contentment that permeates the soul, inspires and uplifts. Integrate your understanding of Yoga on the mat and into everyday life. Feel inspiration from a community working together to accomplish these goals in a loving, nurturing, and non-judgmental environment. Be confident having the support to develop your full potential!
Foundations of Asana
o Asanas for the arms, legs, and spine
o Forward bends, Backbends, Side bends, and Twisting postures
o Inversions, Arm Balances, Transitions and arm stretches
o Hip openers, Standing and seated leg postures
o Asanas as corresponding complementary pairs
o Architecture of Energetic Alignment specifics for each asana
The Science of Sequencing
o Multidimensional Integrative Sequencing Technique (MIST)
o Strengthening/Flexibility Training
o 7 Sequencing Components
o Linking Asanas with Vinyasa
o Ceremonial Experience
o Yoga Nidra
o Yoga for Special Populations
Anatomy and Physiology
o Key muscle groups
o Ranges of motion for joint mobility
o Endocrine/Nervous Systems
o Psychology of the Chakras
Techniques of Teaching
o Alignments and cuing
o Assists and modifications
o Props for beginners and special populations
o Setting the atmosphere
o Class planning vs teaching spontaneously
The History and Philosophy of Yoga
o The Himalayan Yoga Tradition
o The Sutras of Patajali
o Hatha Yoga Pradipika
o Schools of Yoga and their lineages
o Jnana Yoga: the Yoga of Knowledge
o Karma Yoga: Seva and Selfless Service
o Bhakti Yoga
o Ethics and Professionalism of Yoga Teachers
Ayurveda and the Vedic Sciences
o Charkras, Marmas, and Nadis
o Gunas, Doshas, and Vayus
o The 7 elements in relation to theory and practice
Tantric Yoga practices
o Surya Namaskar
o Shakti Activation
o Pranayama and Mudras
o Bandhas and Kriyas
o Mantras and Meditation
Diet and Lifestyle
o Sattvic Eating
o Meal Planning, Food Preparation, and Cooking Methods
o Healthy Lifestyle Management
The Business of Yoga
o Marketing Strategies for Teachers
o Social Media
o Issues of Liability
Required reading material:
· The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, translated by Sri Swami Satchidananda
· Yoga and Ayurveda, David Frawley
· Eastern Body Western Mind, Anodea Judith
· Trail Guide to the Body, Andrew Biel
· Student handbook/manual, Jessie and Shawn Fletcher
Strongly recommended but not required:
· Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swami Muktibodhananda
· Mudras of India, Cain and Revital Carroll
· Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
· Light on Pranayama, BKS Iyengar
· The Living Gita, Sri Swami Satchidananda
Other helpful reading materials:
· Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda
· Yoga for Your Type, David Frawley
Requirements and Expectations
· Practice at least 3 times per week. There will be a log/journal handed out to keep up with class attendance. Logs will be turned in at the beginning of every TT session. Logs will be returned to you for your records.
· Teach a minimum of 10 hrs of community classes (5hrs observed/5hrs non-observed).
· Attendance is MANDATORY for all Teacher Training sessions. Session make-up hours must be preapproved and will be addressed on a case by case basis.
· Completion of final student project/presentation as it relates to the content material.
· Complete and pass written examination proctored by Program Director in order to qualify for certificate of completion enabling registration at 200 hour level with Yoga Alliance.
· Keep a journal of your thoughts and experiences throughout the training.
· Be open to learning new information and to push beyond perceived personal limitations.
· Give 100% of your attention and effort to all reading, written, home study assignments, and all activities that involve active participation.
*** This training is for the sincere student who intends to take their understanding and practice of Yoga to another dimension. ***
Training Schedule February - July 2018
Module 1 February 16-18
Module 2 March 16-18
Module 3 April 13-15
Module 4 April 27-29
Module 5 May 18-20
Module 6 June 8-10
Module 7 June 22-24
Module 8 July 13-15
Module 9 July 27-29
Make-up dates July 21 & July 22
Graduation of 200 hour program concludes July 29, 2018
$3000 early bird pricing, (Must receive full payment before January 15, 2018 to qualify).
$500 non-refundable registration fee due with application (applied toward tuition).
Includes: Student manual ($80 value), one-on-one access to Program Director for mentoring (priceless), and eligibility for a discounted membership to Korsi Hot Yoga during training months Feb-July 2018.
$3250 after January 15, 2018
(Student manual must also be purchased for $80 after early bird dead line).
We accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard with payment (less your $500 application fee) due on or before the start date of the program. Payment plans available, must have credit card on file. (Refunds, drop-outs, or withdrawals will NOT be accepted after the start of teacher training).
Jessie Fletcher E-RYT500, Program Director
Jessie Fletcher E-RYT500 is dedicated to spreading awareness of the limitless potential for the integration of mind, body, and spirit. Triumph over adversity is a central theme to her practice. Teaching Yoga since 2004, she has developed a dynamic and inspirational style. Her classes are vibrant, challenging and always evolving to meet the needs of her students. Jessie has over 800 Yoga teacher training hours and completed her 500 hour certification under the guidance of an Eastern Yoga Master. She is also a certified Ayurvedic Counselor with over 800 hours of training through the Ayurvedic Institute with Dr. Vasant Lad. Jessie is the co-creator of Yogis on Fire, the Fusion of the Elements workshop series, the Multidimensional Integrative Sequencing Technique (MIST), and the Center of Dorje Yoga and Ayurveda. She has accumulated over 8000 hours of teaching classes, workshops, and has certified over 60 teachers in the Dorje Yoga method. She has been blessed with Refuge and Tantric initiation into the tradition of the Karma Kagyu lineage. Currently she serves as an ambassador for Manduka and is an alumna ambassador for Lululemon 2014-2016. Jessie takes your practice to new heights, unlocking your full potential creating an empowering transformational experience. Having compassion for everyone’s own unique journey, she offers a place to learn and grow in a low stress, non-competitive environment.