STUDIO POLICIES, ETIQUETTE AND WAIVER
Waivers - Every person who practices in our studio must sign a waiver, before they take class. No exceptions. No waiver, no practice.
Disclaimer - Schedules, teachers and prices of classes, passes, memberships and/or products are subject to change without notice. Please always check our website for our most current offers.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Classes and Class Passes Cancellations and Refunds - Prepaid classes and absence from classes are non-refundable. Class Passes are non-refundable, non-extendable, non-sharable, and non-transferable to other persons. They are subject to limits of time. Always check your expiration date before and after your purchase.
Gift Cards Refunds - Gift Cards are non-refundable and non-returnable. If purchased for a specific pass, they cannot be used as cash.
Membership Cancellation - Membership’s automatic payments are non-refundable after having been processed unless a mistake on our part took place. Memberships are non-transferable to another person.
For more details please refer to your signed contract to understand how to cancel a membership.
Workshop, Events, Retreats Cancellations and Refunds - Workshop cancellations required a 48 hour email notice before the workshop takes place. Cancellation requests with less than 48 hours notice will not be honored unless we can fill your space. All refunds will incur a 20% administration fee, or you can get a full refund credited to your Korsi Yoga Studio account (can be used towards any purchase).
Workshop cancellation requests must be requested by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Absence to a workshop, event or retreat is non-refundable. Workshops and events could occasionally be canceled by the studio. If your event is canceled you will be notified by email, and you will receive a full refund or full credit toward your Korsi Yoga Studio account if you choose.
Private Instruction Cancellations and Refunds - Full payment will be charged if you cancel a private session with less than 24 hour notice. If you are late for a private class the class will end at the original time. If you are more than 15 minutes late for a private class it is at the instructor’s discretion whether to hold an abbreviated class or not.
Massage/Reiki/ Body Work Cancellations - 24 hour cancellation notice policy applies to all appointments. A full session’s fee will be charged for any missed or last minute cancellations.
Teacher Training Cancellations and Refunds - Application fees and/or deposit fees -when applicable- are non-refundable under any circumstances. After payment has been received if a request for cancellation is given with 7 days or more of commencement of a course or single module or section, you will receive a full refund minus a 25% for administrative and processing fees. After payment has been received if notice of cancellation is given with less than 7 days from commencement of a course or single module or section, a refund will not be possible but if requested, an account credit will be granted to make up by taking a future training. Such credit will be reduced by a 25% for administrative and processing fees, will only be valid towards the same training or module/section in the future, and will have an expiration time frame of two years from the starting day of the missed training or single module or section if taken separately. Credit will not be valid towards any other purchases. If we receive your cancellation request less than 7 days before the commencement of the event, or on the day of, or after the commencement of the event, a refund or credit will not be possible under any circumstances. Requests must be sent by email to email@example.com
Studio Maximum Capacity - Korsi Yoga is fortunate to have a large practice space in which classes are held. However, there is a limit to how many bodies can comfortably fit per class. Once this number of people are registered for class, we would ask that remaining students return to take a different class. Registering online is recommended to save a spot in class, but if you register online and come to class after class has started and the class is already full, we will kindly ask that you return to another class. You will find Korsi logo stickers on our yoga room floors. Please place your mat behind the sticker, with the top, short edge, centered to the sticker.
Latecomers - Students can arrive a maximum of 10 minutes late! Latecomers should wait for seated meditation/centering to finish before entering the room. 10 minutes after class has started no late comers will be admitted and we will kindly ask that you come to a different class.
Lost Items - Korsi Yoga will not be responsible for lost or stolen items under any circumstances. We under no circumstances will hold items for you at the front desk. We have lockers in our changing room, however, please refrain from bringing valuables into the studio.
The studio provides a Lost and Found box for items students may leave behind. On the first day of each month these items, including yoga mats, will be removed and donated or disposed of.
Inclement Weather Cancellations - In an effort to keep everyone safe during inclement weather we will need to cancel classes from time to time. If Fulton and Cobb County Public Schools are closed, day classes will be cancelled. Evening classes will be held as scheduled unless we notify you otherwise via Facebook or email. If Fulton and Cobb County Public Schools have a one or two-hour delay, the studio will open at noon.
- You will need a mat, towel and water bottle. we do have mats and towels available for rent in our retail area, but most people prefer to bring their own.
Please leave your personal belongings in the locker room. No cell phones or bags in the studio.
Please remove shoes, flip-flops and socks before entering the studio and place in provided cubby.
Arrive 5-10 minutes early to class.
Avoid wearing fragrances, lotions and aftershaves to class.
Please observe silence in the studio.
- Be sure to be well hydrated before coming to class. Bring a water bottle but drink sparingly throughout the class.
Prepare to sweat heavily, so make sure to have an absorbing towel to place over your mat. We recommend hot yoga towels, however, a regular towel from home will work as well.
Do not eat anything for at least an hour before class and avoid anything overly filling or heavy.
Take breaks when needed, lie in a comfortable pose for as long as you need. We ask that you do not leave the room, unless necessary.
COPY OF SIGNED WAIVER
Please inform your instructor about any conditions, ailments, injuries and/or surgeries which may prevent you from doing the postures offered in class, to listen to your body, and to either ask for modifications or sit out the pose.
1. I am participating in yoga classes, health programs, workshops and other exercise and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by [Korsi Yoga LLC] (“Studio”) and/or its owners, instructors, teachers, workshop presenters, employees and independent contractors.
2. I recognize that I must be in good physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities require physical exertion (in a heated room of approximately 105 degrees) and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition, which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Activities. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that the Studio reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse my participation in an Activity on medical or fitness grounds.
3. I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities, and I am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in abnormal blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury and potentially heart attack. I also understand that I could experience muscle, back, or bone injuries during exercise. I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform the Studio of any previous medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to my first class and any future changes to my medical condition.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of entering or being on the premises or as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claims” (as defined below) I may have against the Studio, its owners, members, employees, and/or its instructors, teachers, employees, volunteer staff, interns, and/or independent contractors and the landlord of the Studio (each, a “Released Party”) for any Claim that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities at the Studio even if the Claim arises from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from any loss or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the carelessness or negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. “Claims” include but are not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my children may suffer or that my unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue any Released Party for any Claim caused by any negligence or other acts of a Released Party.
7. I hereby understand that the Studio from time to time may photograph or video classes or events occurring at its studios and place such photographs and videos on its Website. I hereby consent to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
8. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform the instructor(s) and staff at Korsi Yoga of all medical conditions, injuries, or surgeries, prior to my first class and at such other times as I acquire information as to same.
9. I understand that I have no claims against Korsi Yoga by reason of their refusal to allow me to participate in the programs.
10. All tuition and registration fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be extended.
11. I also agree that Korsi Yoga, its owners, members, employees, and/or its instructors, teachers, employees, volunteer staff, interns, and/or independent contractors and the landlord of the Studio is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class or if I leave items in studio upon leaving the premises. Items left in studio will be placed in our Lost-n-Found basket, which I understand is a public basket. I further understand items are not to be considered 'bailment' under any circumstances or terms.
12. We sell goods and services, and expect payment for those goods and services before or when we deliver or perform them, including payment on the first day of any monthly service period or on any other date on which payments are due. Any fees or other charges due to late payment or nonpayment are liquidated damages intended to be a reasonable advance estimate of our costs resulting from late payments and non-payments. We reserve the right to take full legal action against any outstanding account balance to recover all losses. We also reserve the right to run your card on file for goods and services owed after a period of time without payment has lapsed.
13. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Georgia. I acknowledge that I have carefully read this release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I am aware that by signing this release and waiver of liability, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.
I have read the above Release and Waiver of Liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.