1. Be physically and mentally relaxed.
2. Learn to breathe correctly with diaphragmatic breathing.
3. Stay in the present. Be in the moment.
4. Do not worry about your life.
5. Visualize each posture before you go into it.
6. Use kinesthetic imagery and feel your body moving into and out of the posture.
7. Give your complete attention to each posture and forget about your likes and dislikes of the pose.
8. Trust that your brain has computed what you need to do to accomplish your goal – then relax.
9. Develop a positive state of mind. Be optimistic, cheerful, and hopeful.
10. Accept what yoga gives you each time you step onto the mat. Let go of all expectations.